Happy New Year!
As we are getting underway there are just a few important things to remember. The first day can seem a bit like a circus so here are some tips to help it go smoothly:
1) Be Early! The U12, U14, U16 and U18's will be starting at 8:45. That means they will be on their way to lift at 8:45. U10's will be starting at 9am. If everyone is ready to go on time it keeps less clutter at the meeting spots and less time in the lift line.
2) Make sure that you have your Emergency contact and Authorization forms into Nikki. She is too busy to chase people.
3) For U10's - Group lists will be printed and placed and on the wall in the lunchroom area. On the sheet with your child's name will be a color, find the same colored flag at the meeting place - this is your child's group.
4) Make sure you attend the parent meetings. If you have any questions, this is where they will be answered.
5) Let us know what you can do to volunteer this season (managers, race volunteers etc). Keep in mind it takes everyone working together to have a successful season.
6) Lunch for all groups is 11:30 - 12:30. Make sure you are on time to meet your child. Our coaches need to eat too and they are required to stay on the hill until every child is picked up.
7) Pick-up time is 3:00pm
New Years Camp Jan 2 - 6th - Get a leg up on the rest of the competition by enrolling in this lead up to programs starting. Focus will be on technical free-skiing. Groups that have already been assigned will be training together for this camp.
Great Opportunity for parents: Saturday Jan 7 Officials course level one
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING January 7th - Weider Room III
Don't forget to attend our annual general meeting. It starts with the equipment swap at 3:30. It's a great opportunity to sell some of your previously loved equipment.
It gives you an opportunity to meet the committee and new elections will take place. We will be going over financials and having some social time.
AOA Registration required for ALL racers in U12 and up
Make sure you register and pay the AOA fee here. U12 and up racers can not participate in a race until registration is complete!
Memberships & Banquet Tickets:
We will be accepting Jozo Membership & Banquet Ticket Payments on Saturday, January 7 & Sunday, January 8th from 11:30 – 12:30pm as well as during the Opening Party between 3:30 – 5pm”
You can get a copy of the form on our website - click here.
Ski Tuning Sessions
This is your opportunity to learn from the best of the best! Former World Cup Ski Tuner "Army" (Dave Armstrong) will demonstrate how to tune your race skis.
January 4 @ 9:30 am - Session #1 for beginners and Jr Racers
January 5 @ 9:30 am - Session #2 for higher level and those using speed skis
Please see the Calendar for more information
FAQ's on the new Jozo Web site:
|New Year’s Training Camp||January 2 - 6 2017|
|Annual General Meeting (AGM)||January 7 2017|
|Race Programs||January 7 2017|
|Family Day Event (TBD)||February 20 2017|
|Men's Day||February 10 2017|
|Ladies Day||February 17 2017|
|Club Championships & Banquet & Awards||March 4 - 5 2017|
In addition we will be holding parent information meetings on the following days in Weider Room 3:
U10 - Saturday Program - January 7 @ 9:30 am
U10 - 2 -day program - January 7 @ 10 am
U10 - Sun program - January 8 @ 10:30
U12 - 2 day program - January 7 @ 2pm
U12 - Sat program - January 7 @ 1 pm
U12 - Sun program - January 8 @ 1pm
U14 - January 7 @ 10:30 am
U16 - January 7 @ 11 am
See you on the slopes!!!!
Visit our website at www.jwracers.ca.
Copyright © 2016 Jozo Weider Ski Club, All rights reserved.