Important Race Camp News
The X-Mas Camp for racers is running ... starting with dryland and then hopefully moving to snow after a couple of days. Cold weather is FINALLY coming over the next few days and evenings - we hope they can lay down enough to get us on the hills this week.
The X-Mas Camps for Park and Pipe skiers and boarders have been cancelled.
Please contact Nikki if you have any questions about the Xmas Camp.
Nikki can be reached here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reminder Parent Meetings are still on this week - see the full list at the bottom of this newsletter.
U12 @ 9:30 AM December 28 at The Inn
U14 @ 9:30 AM December 29 at The Inn
U16 @ 9:30 AM December 30 at The Inn
NEW - Tuning Demos - December 29 & January 9:
SIDECUT will be putting on two race tuning demonstrations in the Weider Room. They are taking place Tuesday Dec. 29th at 1pm and Saturday January 9th at 1pm.
This is a great opportunity for all racers and families on the 29th and for parents on the 9th.
Ski Swap, AGM & Opening Party - Saturday Jan 2nd 3:30 to 6 pm @ The Inn
- The Jozo Volunteer Committee will hold our Annual General Meeting, Ski Swap, and Opening Weekend Party on January 2nd in our space at The Blue Mt. Inn.
- Ski Swap - bring your skis, poles, boots, and any race gear you want to sell.
- note: you are responsible for pricing, selling, and looking after your gear.
- 5 - 5:30 pm AGM - we are always looking for a few new volunteers so please let us know if you would like to get involved.
- Party!!- there will be a cash bar (wine and beer) and some finger foods available (aka, NOT dinner).
- Note 1: Memberships - we will be accepting membership payments on Saturday and Sunday between 11:30 and 12:30 as well as Saturday during the Party.
- Note 2: Steamboat & Winter Park - representatives from Intrawest will also be at The Inn promoting their Colorado resorts; they will have some draw prizes and a 6 day / 6 night ski trip giveaway.
ALL FAMILIES - Emergency Contact Forms must be filled out and returned to Nikki (Race Administrator)
The Emergency Contact Form MUST be filled out by ALL families.
- you can fill it out and scan/email it back to Nikki or drop it off at the Race Office.
- Nikki has forms in her office if you want to drop in and say hello this week!
ALL RACERS U12 and Up - AOA Registration required
Your U12+ kids can not race if they have not registered and paid the AOA fee.
LAST CHANCE: AOA Fitness Testing
Monday December 28, 7pm to 9pm @ Active Life Conditioning.
- register at this link: https://activelifeconditioning.frontdeskhq.com/events/1101350
ALL Division 1 racers must do the AOA Fitness test.
ANY U14 or U16 Division 2 racer wishing to participate in a Division 1 race must do the test.
ANY U14 or U16 racer participating in the Provincial Championships or CanAms must do the test.
- Note: Gooch Cup, Pod Cup, Mealey Classic do not require the test.
Upcoming Important Club Dates
December 27/31 Blue Mountain Christmas Camp
December 28 AOA Fitness Testing in Collingwood
December 28 - January 3rd Parent Meetings (more details below)
January 2 Jozo Weider Ski Club AGM - at The Inn - Ski swap starts at 3:30 pm, AGM at 5pm
January 7 Jozo / Mountain Equipment Coop Shopping Event - see below for details
January 17 Early Bird Membership Payment Deadline & Draw
January 29 Men’s Day
February 12 Ladies Day
February 14 Family Day @ Jozo
One of the benefits our sponsors provide is the ability to offer our Jozo members high-quality gear at reduced prices. This year is no exception. As usual, we will allow Jozo members to try on samples in order to determine exact sizing requirements. All garments are to be paid in full at the time of order. Our compiled order will be placed on January 11th with delivery before the end of January (hopefully). Stay tuned for exact clothing details and specific pricing - but this year’s program will likely include:
- Jozo Kids
- Hoodie Sweatshirt
- MEC Base Layer Fleece
- Men’s & Woman’s
- Spyder Soft Shell Jacket
- MEC Base Layer Zip
- MEC Base Layer Zip Hoodie
- Second Skin Puffy Down Jacket
All Jozo-wear garments will be available for sizing and ordering at The Inn at the following times:
- January 2 – Lunch and Apres and AGM @ The Inn
- January 3 – Lunch @ The Inn
- January 9 – Lunch @ The Inn
- January 10 – Lunch @ The Inn
FAQ's on the new Jozo Web site:
Parent Meeting dates in Weider Room 3
|U12||December 28 at 9:30|
|U14||December 29 at 9:30|
|U16||December 30 at 9:30|
|U10 Saturday||January 2 at 9:30|
|U10 2 day||January 2 at 10 am|
|U10 Sunday||January 3 at 11am|
|Park & Pipe snowboard||January 3 at 9:30|
|Park & Pipe ski||January 3 at 10 am|
|U12/U14/U16||January 3 at 1pm - for those who missed original meeting|